Monday, March 24, 2014

reclaimed trash

I got a new stamp set called Chalk Talk by Stampin' Up. It has a coordinating Framelit set that I wanted to play with yesterdat. So I set about making a card based on tag. Let's just say that things didn't go well. Ever have one of those crafting days? I must have worked on this tag for three hours. First I played with the colors. Then I had trouble stamping the flower image with white embossing powder. Once I had it kind of working, I still wasn't happy with it, so I crumpled it all up threw it away. I felt pretty dejected. Not very creative. I vowed to start something new with the set tomorrow.

Tomorrow came and I decided that my crafting space was too messy to be creative in! So I set out to straighten up a bit. I put away my stamp pads. I organized my scrap bits into color families. I put all of my tools back where they belong. And I gathered up all the paper bits that had fallen on the floor to toss them into the trash. That's when I spied my tag from yesterday, all crumpled up and sad. I rescued it, pressed it out flat, and decided that it wasn't so bad after all! I kind of liked the double embossed look of the flower. Yesterday, what had frustrated me had now become a happy accident!). I even loved the distressed effect! (Behind the scenes look: I just had to google effect vs. affect to keep all of my grammar nazi friends happy). Lesson learned? Sometime when crafting and things just aren't clicking, walk away. It just might look better in the morning!

Happy stamping!

No comments: