Sunday, September 21, 2014

chipboard coaster frames

I recently discovered the versatility of blank chipboard coasters. And I have been having a blast exploring the creative possibilities. I'm getting ready to do a craft fair and have been trying some new projects. My favorite, by far, has been my chipboard coaster, wallet sized, school photo frames!

They have a magnet on the back, and are designed so that it's easy to switch out the photo each year. 

I posted about them on facebook, and have sold 10 of them already! So psyched to see how they sell at the craft fair. 

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Jodi,

I love ALL of your cute craft fair items!!! :)

Would you please be willing to share how you made the frames? Also, what kind of adhesive do you use for the notepads?

Thank you so much,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Jennifer, thank you so much for your kind words!

The frames are super simple to make. I got my 4"x4" chipboard coasters from Amazon. I grabbed a school picture of my daughter and used it as a guide for how big to make the oval cut out. I used a die to cut the oval out of a 4"x4" piece of patterned paper. I used 1/8" Scor Tape to adhere three sides of the paper to the chipboard, leaving the top open to insert photos. I sanded the edges of the paper, and then sponged on some ink to hide the stark white edges of the chipboard. Then I embellished and adhered a strong magnet to the back. Easy peasy!

As far as the Post It Note clip boards, the pads of paper aren't adhered. The binder clip holds them in place and can be removed when the pad is empty and needs to be replaced with a new pad.

Kim T said...

Jodi...just found this PIN...so.adorable! Perfect use for some 3x3 chipboard pieces I have.

Wondered how they did at your craft fairs, and how you priced them?

Thanks! - Kim