Wednesday, May 21, 2014

manly-man

There are a few men in my life who deserve a good birthday card. Unfortunately, when I buy stamps, they tend to be flowery and sweet. And although a few men appreciate a bouquet of flowers, most don't. Masculine birthday cards often stump me. Short of using dark colors, I've got nothin'. Which is why I'm kinda excited about the stamp set, Perfect Blend. It's marketed with the friendship sentiment, "coffee & friends are the perfect blend", but I decided to skip that and use the birthday greeting from Petite Pairs. And voila! A masculine birthday card that doesn't feature dark navy and tools.

I roughed things up a bit with a distressing tool to give the card some texture, and I popped up the coffee cup and greeting for some depth. See? Masculine cards aren't so scary.

Happy stamping!

No comments: