Friday, October 31, 2014

it's what they want

I am the mother of two teenaged girls. When they were little, Christmas gift buying was so very easy! A couple of Barbies, some frilly dresses, Polly Pocket sets, and a game, and I was done! Fast forward ten years and who knows what to get them?! They want big ticket items, like laptops and musical instruments. I can't even dream of picking out clothes for them, because apparently, Mom had no fashion sense. When relatives ask me what they want for Christmas, I always answer, "Gift cards!" 

Of course they say, "But that's so impersonal." I take those teens to the mall and see how much fun they have spending those gift cards! There's nothing impersonal about it! They know whose hard earned cash they are spending, and they are grateful! And careful. They turn into bargain hunters when armed with a gift card. 

But still, I know I feel like I'm taking the easy way out when giving a gift card. So I make adorable gift card holders! This one features Rudolph on the front, and a pocket for the card on the back. 

I think that these will fly right off of my table at the RC PTO Holiday Bazaar!

Happy stamping!

No comments: