Saturday, April 12, 2014

bird song inspiration

The birds have returned with the return of spring! While I was drinking tea this morning, a dozen birds were in the bush outside, serenading me. It was a great way to spend a lazy Saturday morning.

The birds' song made me think of one of my favorite Stampin' Up stamp sets, Serene Silhouettes. Pinterest never fails to inspire me and I stole the idea for the main image of this card from a Pin. I used a die to cut the butterfly from copy paper. I used the negative space as a mask. I sponged some sunrise colors, working from the edges into the center, and then stamped the birds and branches image. Then I removed the mask. Easy peasy!

Because I was making a sympathy card, I wanted to keep the design simple and uncluttered. So a little wmbossing, a mat and a sentient was all I needed to finish up. 

Happy stamping!

No comments: