Wednesday, April 9, 2014

this means war

Spring has finally sprung in the great northeast! How do I know, you may ask? Well, it's not the temperatures. They vary wildly. Just yesterday it was so beautiful out that I was running errands in a t-shirt. But we had a fire roaring that night just to stay warm in the living room! I know that spring is here because of our dog, Remy. Here he is. Isn't he just adorable? Yup he is. And I love him tons.

It's a good thing that I love him tons. Especially in the spring. So, let me tell you how Remy tells me that spring is here. Every time he moves, twitches, shakes, rolls around on the floor, brushes by the couch, sneezes... he leaves behind massive amounts of puppy fur! There are dog hair tumbleweeds under every piece of furniture in the house! And the moment I have them all swept up, he drops more hair. It's an unending war between me and Remy hair. So, it's a good thing that he's so dang lovable. I guess we'll have to keep him.

The good news is that winter has lost it's icy grip on my world. I'm starting to think about the flower bed that needs a bit of attention. I know that when I finally make the time to go out and tend to it, I'll find itty bitty green things doing miraculous things! But today, I only had enough time to put together a card featuring flowers. It's pretty cute too!

I used one of my favorite techniques for the multi colored flowers: coloring an acrylic block with marker, spritzing it with water, and stamping onto paper. I make my own patterned paper that way. Incredibly quick and easy for a big payoff!

Happy stamping!

No comments: