Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Coloring the back side of vellum

Color and texture are two of my favorite mediums to work with. Color catches your eye and draws you in. Texture just makes you want to reach out and touch a card. This card scores big on both counts! 

I ran a piece of vellum through the Big Shot in the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. Then I used Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pool Party, and Wild Wasabi to color the back side of the vellum. This technique softens the colors. I sponged some Calypso Coral and Chocolate Chip ink onto the edges of the River Rock card base. 

A bit of ribbon, and a popped up sentiment were all that was needed to make this card complete! I love how the vellum cracks in places and adds even more texture to the party!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my new favorite techniques. My downline Carrie Williams is a vellum fiend and now I know why!. Love the vintage wallpaper folder and you picked great colors. Thanks

Jodi said...

Thanks, Joanna! Vellum is pretty awesome. So much that you can do with it!