Monday, July 15, 2013

The background is the focal point

Yesterday I posted about a new technique I stumbled upon. I fell in serious love with, not only the process of making the paper, but the results as well! So today I was on a mission to showcase that awesome paper in a few cards.

I don't think that I have ever used a particular paper as the focal point of a project. But after discovering this fun way of playing with ink and water, I can see that I will be cranking out loads of water misted, embossed papers in the very near future! Here I kept the designs and embellishments minimal so that the gorgeous background paper could truly sing!




7 comments:

Rose said...

Really like the twisted ribbon!

Jodi said...

I had just a few scraps of Certainly Celery left and had to come up with a creative way to use it up!

Unknown said...

stunning Jodi - these are real works of art!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Betsye Rose said...

The twisted ribbon is wonderful!

Jodi said...

Thank you Betsye!

Srpelsue said...

I love the outcome of you playing and the resulting cards. Some of my favorite cards are using pieces of materials that I was just monkeying around with.