Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Unexpected color combo

This summer has been super busy! Because my kids are so talented, I've been running them to music camp and play rehearsals. Not to mention taxiing them to friend's houses, and to work. So I find myself with these little pockets of time to work on designing cards between dropping them off, and picking them up. Often times, I have to leave in the middle of making a masterpiece. 

While I'm gone, you'll find my desk with a half-made card on it. But before I go, I try to lay out all the elements so that I don't forget where I was intending to go with a project. I'm so scatterbrained that if I don't do this, by the time I return to my desk, I'll have forgotten all my design elements. Getting older stinks!

I've never used Pink Pirouette with Tangerine Tango before. But when I was pulling paper out of my cabinet, I dropped some and these two colors landed next to each other. I loved them together! So I had to put them into a card. 

The bee was cut from vellum and I dry embossed the back of the wings to make them white, and bump them out a bit. I also colored the back of it's body with Crushed Curry (my new favorite yellow). Again, Backyard Basics Framelits made cutting him out a breeze!

Happy stamping!

No comments: