Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Positively feminine

If you know me, you know that I am most definitely NOT a girly girl. Pink has never graced my bedroom walls. Frills and ruffles make no appearances in my wardrobe. Make up only comes out on special occasions. 

But every once in a while, some sweetly feminine paper catches my eye and inspiration follows. I've had this Stampin' Up Designer Series paper for years, and I'm nuts about it! Alas, it's retired and I'm down to scraps. I wanted a way to showcase this gorgeous paper, but was having trouble because I loved each pattern, but only had bits and pieces of each. That's when paper piecing came to mind. The perfect technique to utilize bits and pieces of pretty paper!


The flower is made from just three punched Blossom flowers. I crumpled each one up into a ball, and rolled it around in my hands until they were next to unrecognizable. I was then able to peel each petal into two layers keeping the center intact. I glued each flower together and added a button center. Super cute!



No comments: