Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Silhouettes, two ways

Oh my, I love these beauts! Playing with ink can lead to some pretty sweet eye candy! I have to be honest, I keep whipping out my camera just to gaze at these cards over and over again! Clearly I have issues. 

I love the acrylic block stamped backgrounds using the technique from yesterday's post, but what I'm crazy about on this card is the dry embossing! I even embossed that teeny, tiny 3/4" circle sentiment. I know adorable, right?!

I loved that card so much, that I decided to make day and night versions. Here's the night version. I used the collage technique to tone down the bright background, and I didn't use Melon Mambo, because that color is bordering on neon!

Some polka dotted black ribbon helps to pull off the "night" feel without taking itself too seriously. I can tell that I'll be playing with different color combinations in future posts! 

Happy stamping! Oh! And a big thanks to a stamping friend who tried out this technique and sent me a picture of her beautiful project! I love to see what you are working on!

2 comments:

Betsye Rose said...

Love these cards! They are so pretty!

Jodi said...

Thanks! The colors were fun to play with.