Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mystery ink

Don't you hate it when you make a mistake? Me too! And here's an example of such a mistake. I had painstakingly sponged the perfect balance of Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red, and Daffodil Delight onto my card stock. I had blended and blended until I had bits of purple and orange peeking through. Then I had spritzed just the right amount if water onto my work and had created just the perfect watermarks all over the place. And finally, I had waited patiently while all that water dried. It was a thing of beauty. 

And then it happened. Early Espresso ink  somehow appeared on my work! I don't even know how it happened! But there it was, staring me in the face. And there was nothing to do but start again. 

So that's what I did. Repeated all of my steps. Did it all over again. And I was extremely careful. I kept all Early Espresso ink far, far away. Well, until it was time to stamp my focal image and sentiment. 

Thankfully, the ink stayed where it was supposed to this time. And I love this card!

Happy stamping!

No comments: