Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mall stamping

At the end of every school year you'll hear me saying, "I can't wait for summer vacation! Our schedules will finally slow down." Somehow, I must trick my brain into thinking that this ever happens! But inevitably, every summer, things are crazy and I'm running around more busy than I was during the school year. And so it has come to this. I'm sitting in the food court of the mall finishing the card for today's blog post. You may wonder why. It's a long story. 

My 13 year-old daughter, W, is experiencing community theater for the first time. And she landed the role of Patty in Grease! Way to go W!!! So now I'm stuck driving 40 minutes into the city so that W can attend rehearsals. Because it's so far to drive, it doesn't make sense for me to go home, so I've been spending countless hours sitting in my car. Waiting.

Tonight, it was time to leave for rehearsal, and I hadn't quite finished today's card. So, I gathered up the supplies I would need to finish it, dropped W off, and drove to the mall. I felt like a criminal smuggling my scissors into the mall in my purse! But a crafter's gotta do what a crafter's gotta do.  

And here's the finished product! I just might be taking more cards to the mall this summer while I wait for W. beats sitting in the hot and stuffy car!


Happy stamping!

No comments: