Monday, July 22, 2013

Dawn 'til dusk

A few days ago I made a day and night version of the same card idea. I really liked the concept of day and night, so I decided to play around with it some more. I came up with a dawn 'til dusk theme. I used the background colors to tell that story. The pinks and oranges of a sunrise. The yellow sun in the heat of a July day. Green, as day becomes night and the air starts to cool. And finally blues as the sun sets and it becomes night. And all the while, life goes on. The birds feed on the flowers' nectar, and the butterflies hurry on their way. 

I'm still loving stamping blended colors with an acrylic block! I roughed up the white edges of my stamped art with a distressing tool. And added a bit more texture with the cross stitch on the top and bottom. A sentiment from Sprinkled Expressions finished this little gem perfectly! 

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

kReN said...

I would love to know more about the cross stitched embossing folder. TFS!
kren dot kurts at gmail dot com