Friday, July 19, 2013

Paper piecing and piercing

Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference. When my husband brings ice cream home for the girls. A squeeze of lemon in my Diet Pepsi. Discovering a new flower has bloomed in the garden. 

And in the case of this card, it's all of the paper piercing. I had the card all laid out, ready to adhere everything together, but there was just something missing. I tried adding a patterned paper background, but that wasn't it. I thought about sponging the edges of all the pieces, but I had already fallen in love with the clean and simple look of the card. 

And then I spied my paper piercing tool! Ta-da! Just the thing it needed. I wanted to give the card a bit of texture, so I poked holes from back to front, instead of the usual front to back. Now I can't stop running my fingers over the bumps! 

No comments: