Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A quilt in a day

Years ago, I bought myself a make-a-log-cabin-quilt-in-a-day book. I bought six different fabrics, matching thread, a rotary cutter and self healing mat. I spent a day cutting out the strips of cotton, perfectly straight and square. I spent the next day painstakingly sewing the strips together to make squares. I spent the next day ripping them apart because when I tried to piece the quilt top together, nothing lined up right. I guess my squares weren't as "square" as I thought! 

Needless to say, my quilt wasn't done in a day! I did finish the quilt, and it turned out beautifully. I even made a few more. Realizing that quilting was not going to be my forté, I passed the book on to my Mom. She has gone on to become a truly gifted quilter. At the last quilt show that she entered, she won a ribbon for her stunning piece! 


This is the closest that I'm going to get to quilting again! A little bit of work for big instant gratification! Mom's birthday isn't until March, but I'll be saving this beauty to give to her. I know she will just love it!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Jen McNerney said...

Love the colors and textures in this one!

Jodi said...

Why, thank you. Thank you very much!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.