Saturday, August 10, 2013

Circle craze

Have you ever had a total failure turn into a happy little accident? I can't tell you how good it feels, when what you thought was an utter waste of time, turns into one of your favorite techniques! I'm on a creative high right now. And I think that I might use every pack of patterned paper that I own to make a version of this card!

I was originally going for a totally different circle look. And some day, I'll go back and give that look another go. But on the journey, I discovered this look and I'm in serious love. 

And it's versatile! From birthday to Christmas cards, the circles just look celebratory!

And even though they look a little fussy, a circle punch (I used a 1 1/4" punch) makes the work easy. 

A bit of sponging helps the circles stand up next to each other. 

I thought about gluing the edges down, but I decided that I love them sticking up!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love it... so different and pretty!

Jodi said...

Thanks Jamie! I am having a blast playing with this technique. Tomorrow I'll have a couple more cards to share that uses the circles. Too much fun!