Monday, August 19, 2013

Aqua and orange

Things have been busy around here! My youngest daughter was cast in the musical Grease as Patty, the perky cheerleader and this past weekend was show time! And before that was tech week. I've been living out of my car (rehearsals were forty minutes away, and with gas as expensive as it is, I didn't want to drive back and forth every night), so card crafting took a back burner. 

But now I'm back! My new favorite color combination? Aqua and orange! In this case, Pool Party and Calypso Coral. With some Riding Hood Red and Certainly Celery to boot. I had fun playing with sponging color using masks and negative space. I sponged the background first, and then did the butterflies. 

I clear embossed the swirls before adding the color to lend a sense of movement and whimsy. 

Happy stamping!

No comments: