Sunday, August 4, 2013

Double inspiration

You might remember this card from the post "The ocean is calling". It's a card I designed for Stamp Camp. And I adore it. 

Stamp Camp was yesterday and the ladies and I had a fabulous time being creative. Some of my girls carefully read the instruction sheet that I print out for each project and produce a perfect copy of my sample. This makes me happy because they enjoy having a cute card to send to a loved one. 

Some of my girls don't bother with the instruction sheet and quickly bust out a card that kinda looks like my sample. This makes me happy because they enjoy winging it and seeing what happens. 

And some of my girls take a look at my sample and decide to turn it on it's side! They change up the layout, switch around the colors, and end up with something totally different from my sample. This makes me do a little dance of joy! They enjoy the creative process and aren't afraid to take a chance and get their hands dirty. 

Today when I was unpacking my Stamp Camp supplies, I discovered that I had an extra card kit. So I decided to get my hands dirty and make something entirely different from the original cards! Here's what I did with the ocean inspired card. 

It's still based in nature and uses a bit of  wood grain, but other than that, this card and the original have nothing in common! This time I used VersaMark ink and embossing powders on the main image. Some tearing and the Woodgrain embossing folder lends a bit of texture. I am in serious love with this version too!

Happy stamping!

No comments: