Thursday, August 8, 2013

Merry Christmas

Here in the northeast, it's the height of summer. Or is it? I'm so confused because the temps have been in the lower 70's and at night, it's been downright chilly! My best friend has been posting on Facebook about sweaters, and hot cocoa, and scarves and gooey chocolate chip cookies. 

I'm the first to admit that summer is not my favorite season. I know. Crazy, right? I much prefer crisp autumn nights, apple crisp and home made bread in the oven, curling up under a blanket with a good book. And I go nuts for the first snowfall of the season! So, with the cool temperatures, my brain had wandered all the way to December. 

I stamped the leaf image from Simply Sketched in VersaMark ink. Then I embossed it with white embossing powder. I sponged on some Real Red, Always Artichoke, and Pear Pizzazz inks, and added some ribbon and mats. I had an old package of rub-on greetings and that was the finishing touch!

Merry Christmas in August and happy stamping!

No comments: