Monday, November 4, 2013

Fresh ideas

There are some stamp sets that I've had forever. And sometimes I feel like I've used them so much that I've done everything that I can do with them. Tried every technique possible. Made every card possible from them. 

Snow Swirled was one of those sets. I thought that creatively, I was done with it. So I sat down with it and challenged myself to do something I've never done with it before. Something fresh, or some new technique. I have to be honest, I sat with the stamps staring back at me for a very long time! I poured through Pinterest. Looked at hundreds of pins! 


And finally I stumbled upon a new idea! I used a marker to highlight the curlicues in the tree! Simple, but effective. It made the stamp feel less formal and uptight. It added some playfulness. I also used markers to highlight the starbursts and I'm in love with the results!

Happy stamping!

No comments: