Thursday, November 28, 2013

it's a love/hate relationship

Oh paper piecing. How I adore and detest you all at the same time! It's time consuming, and it's slightly frustrating, and it required tweezers. Tweezers!! But look at the results! Adorable! I so love this card. Even though it took me forever to design and assemble. Even though I had more glue on my fingers than on the card. Even though a few choice words flew out if my mouth during the process. (Can we talk about how tiny those eyes are?!)

And even though it's not perfect (the yellow body shows behind the black on the penguin; the glue shows on his eye), it is simply irresistible and I can't wait to give it to my husband! After I put this card together, my best friend gave me the most amazing tip for adhering the eyes. The very worst part of the project. She puts a tiny dot of glue where she wants to adhere the tiny pupils. Then she uses the Zig Two Way Glue Pen (fine tip) to pick up the pupil and place it. The glue is tacky and holds on to the pupil when she lifts the glue pen away. Pure genius!

Happy stamping! And Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: