Monday, November 4, 2013

Making Christmasy messes

Christmas cards are so fun to make! But when I sit down to make a bunch of them, sometimes I grow weary of green and red color schemes. This card is a departure from traditional Christmas colors, and I giggle a little every time in look at it! Bermuda Bay and Old Olive! Who would have thought that they could make a stunning Christmas card!

The first attempt at this card had clean colors and it just felt a little too stuffy. So I pulled out my Chocolate Chip ink pad and marker and went to work muddying up things. I used the marker around the edges of the ornament stamp. And I used the ink pad and a sponge to soften the edges of the Whisper White and Old Olive card stock. I sprayed splotches of color onto the home made patterned paper to muck things up a bit. 

Sometimes a perfectly pristine card makes me happy. But today wasn't that day. Today I wanted to make a bit of a mess. So I did! And I had a blast doing it!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Von said...

"Messy" themes are my favorite - they are often very forgiving. Also, sometimes they turn out looking "vintage". Love the card.

Von said...

"Messy" themes are my favorite - they are often very forgiving. Also, sometimes they turn out looking "vintage". Love the card.