Friday, November 8, 2013

Simple elegance

Sometimes there is one element on a card that bumps it up a notch. On this card, I think that the ribbon really makes a statement! I'm such a craft supply cheapskate that I rarely use opulent ribbon. It just costs so much money that even when I buy a roll of it, I let it sit in my stash, afraid to actually use it. Silly, huh? Especially when just a little piece makes such a huge difference on a card! Without the ribbon this card would be just "meh".

I have to say that I'm quite happy with how that knot turned out. Tying knots in ribbon is harder than you'd think! And don't even get me talking about actual bows. I've probably used up my allotment of under-my-breath-curses trying to tie cute little bows! Although I have found that tweezers help the process a teeny bit. 

The other element that I love on this card is the use of gold embossing powder. I used it on the sentiment, the ornament, and if you look closely, it's on the edges of the dry embossed panel. It adds a subtle touch of elegance to the card. 

Happy stamping!

No comments: