Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Winter memories

Snow Much Fun is one of my favorite Christmas stamp sets! It really is just so cute. It lends itself to water coloring, and to using markers with a blender pen. I chose the former with this card featuring a non-traditional color palette. Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, and Soft Sky with a pop of Real Red! 

Normally I shadow white elements with gray ink. But I remembered my girls making snowmen when they were little. They were so excited about snow falling to the ground! They just couldn't wait to get out there and make a snowman! Often, there really wasn't enough snow for a proper snowman. So what they ended up with was a small, dirty, muddy snowman. So I used Crumb Cake for the shadowing. I love the results!

Now, when I look at this card, I get to reminiscing about winter fun when the kids were small. It puts a smile on my face!

Happy stamping!

No comments: