Monday, November 25, 2013

sponging starlight

My goal was to use a non-Christmas themed stamp set. I was prepping for my Christmas Stamp Camp and I was running out of Christmas stamps for the ten projects that we do. So I pulled out this retired set and got to work making a Christmasy scene out of it. Woodland creatures attracted to the Star's light made a bit of sense. Now, I know that if I were being true to the setting of the first Christmas, more likely animals may have been camels and sheep. But I had deer and rabbits, so I ran with it.

I got out my trusty Post It Notes to sponge a twilight sky, a little hill, and most importantly, starlight! When I was matting my work, it was looking a bit too tidy, so I roughed up the edges of the mats with a distressing tool. The finishing touch, I think! At Stamp Camp, it was fun to see how the ladies worked up their starlight scene. Each one was a bit different. I more defined hill here, more orange in the starlight there. I love seeing what they come up with! Nine times out of ten their projects end up looking better than my original!

Happy stamping!

No comments: