Saturday, November 9, 2013

Speedy delivery

I love bestowing gifts on friends and family! I love it even more when the gift is hand made. But sometimes, an occasion creeps up on you, and you don't have time to knit a scarf, or string a necklace. 

My co-worker's birthday did that to me. The good news is that I knew that she would love a Hershey bar. Easy peasy, right? But I just couldn't hand her chocolate and call it a day. A conundrum. 

Then I remembered a project that my best friend did awhile back! A chocolate bar slider! The ribbon holds the candy in the sleeve, and when you pull on the knot, the candy slides up! 

I got to work with just 30 minutes until I needed to leave for work. I used an acrylic block, markers and a spritz of water to make the paper for the butterflies, and embossed them with Melon Mambo embossing powder. I love how they turned out! And I love that this simple little thing really made my friend's day! 

Happy stamping!

No comments: