Monday, September 16, 2013

Alternative canning

I used to can. Applesauce mostly. I used to pretend that I loved it. But really, it's a pain in the neck. All the sterilization. Crazy hot kitchen. Lots of washing, scrubbing, boiling, bubbling, hissing. Hot sweaty mess. Maybe that's why I love the Perfectly Preserved stamp set so much! Canning without the hassle. Of course, there's no applesauce when I'm done, but there sure is an adorable card!

Again, I used vellum for the mason jar. To me, it's the perfect vehicle for making the mason jars look a bit more real.

Of course, I had to try a mason jar without the vellum, and it's cute too. This time I concentrated on the pears. After you cook them during the canning process, they are lighter in color than when they started, so I made my canned pears with markers, and stamped the raw pears with classic ink pads. I'm pretty tricky!

I love using hemp twine, or linen thread on the jar covers. Again, it just adds that little bit of detail that makes cards so interesting!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually like canning...applesauce and green tomato and ginger chutney are my favourites! :)