Thursday, September 12, 2013

Baby shower custom order

Another custom order! I have to be honest, I LOVE working with people on custom orders! There is something so satisfying about working together to create the perfect card. Hallmark offers a dizzying array of greeting cards, but sometimes they just don't have exactly what you had in mind.

Such is the case here. My best friend, who is an amazing paper crafter herself, just returned to her full time job, after a month off. Her kids have started back to school, and she has been planning and crafting, and cooking for her niece's baby shower. Phew! I'm tired from just typing all of that! Being the wonderful, creative woman that she is, a store bought baby shower card wasn't going to cut it. So, she turned to me for a bit of crafting help. 

The shower has a country theme. Lots of mason jars are involved! So she wanted to incorporate that in a card. There's also a bit of Duck Dynasty thrown in for good measure! So we started brainstorming ideas for a card. We discussed a little camouflage, but thankfully, it got left on the cutting room floor. Here's what we settled on.

It's a gift card holder! I have made these for my family, and when they are opened up, everyone gasped, and oohed, and ahhed! Truly they did! Even my brother-in-law was impressed. To open the card, you pull the polka dotted band out from under the bee on the back of the card.

When you open it up, it's a pop up that holds a gift card! I wish I had taken this picture with a gift card inserted between the polka dot rectangles, but I didn't. You'll have to use your imagination! Or you could check out the gift card holders I made for my family in this post.


I cant wait to hear from my friend after the shower! I hope that her family gasps, and oohs and ahhs too!

Happy stamping!

No comments: