Saturday, September 7, 2013

Time to get girly

Sometimes, even I, get a little bit girly. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes, I get a whole lot girly! Like with this card. I couldn't help myself! I started with the flower image from Gentler Times, a retired set that I haven't used that much, but lately, I've fallen in love with it! I decided to use my Aquapainters and I had a great time water coloring. When I finished, I knew that I wanted to soften the look of the image. It looked too stark against the clean watercolor paper. 
I clear embossed the ledger image from By the Tide and sponged a bit of Crumb Cake and Pear Pizzazz over top of that. 

I couldn't leave the mat just plain. The girly side of me had taken over. I got out my Versa Mark, and embossed the Helli Doily stamp with Gold Embossing Powder. 
I went nuts and made the edge of the card all fru-fru with a fancy scalloped edge that I dry embossed. I love how this card turned out! 

Happy stamping!

No comments: