Sunday, September 1, 2013

Nothing is perfect

My Stampin' Up Stamp Club is challenged each month to come up with a card based on a sketch. Of course, I can't enter the competition, but I do join in on the fun and design a card or two. This is the card I came up with this month! 

The sketch was all straight lines, but I wasn't in a straight line kind of mood, so I took creative license and adhered most elements a bit cock eyed! And I love the sense of playfulness it gives an otherwise serious card. Had I adhered everything with straight lines, I think it would have been a stuffy card. That's why I chose "thanks" intsead of "Thank You". The more casual greeting helps to take the edge off too! 

Those are the things that I love about this card. But there is one thing that is driving me crazy as I write this post. Now that I'm looking at it again, I should have matted the main image in white. What do you think?

Happy stamping!

No comments: