Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mason jar love

You'll be seeing a lot of mason jars for awhile here. That's because I borrowed Perfectly Preserved and Cannery Framelits from a friend. I am in love with this coordinating set! It's perfect for this time of year.

I love using vellum for the mason jars! On this jar, I sponged some Marina Mist on the Crumb Cake card stock underneath the jar hoping it would look like water. I also used vellum for the flowers, with white embossing powder. I love how they turned out!

I sandwiched some Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon between the layers of card stock for some contrast of color.

These cute little flowers were just begging to be gathered up and put into a bouquet! So that's just what I did, gluing them onto Old Olive stems. The background paper was ripped from an old gardening book and I sponged Old Olive and Soft Suede onto it to age and soften it.

I sliced through the mason jar vellum so that the stems looked as if they were inside the jar. Clever, huh?

Happy stamping!

No comments: